This blog suggests a list of top 100 philosophy research topic ideas for every student to consider and also helps them by providing important tips on how to select a good philosophy topic for research.
Philosophy is an interesting subject that deals with the study of fundamental and general questions about knowledge, existence, reason, language, values, and the mind. It is a vast discipline that revolves around reality, truth, and goodness. Some popular areas of philosophy include Metaphysics, Logic, Epistemology, and Political Philosophy.
In order to write a powerful philosophy research paper, instead of just focusing on the facts, you need to critically analyze, identify hidden arguments, build logical arguments, and should also persuade your readers that your argument is reliable. Most importantly, for writing a good philosophy research paper, you must have an impressive philosophy research topic.
Are you a philosophy research student who is searching for interesting philosophy topics to write your thesis paper? Are you confused about how to select the best philosophy research paper topic? Continue reading this post and get the list of top philosophy research topics along with the tips on how to select a good philosophy topic for a thesis or dissertation.
Tips for Selecting the Best Philosophy Research Topic
As said earlier, philosophy is one of the vast disciplines that contain a wide range of topics and subtopics. Out of a wide range of topics available, choosing one good philosophy research topic for a thesis or dissertation is difficult. So, how to select the best philosophy research topic?
If you are in the process of searching for a good philosophy research paper topic, then follow the below-mentioned tips.
- Select a topic that pleases you.
- Pick a topic that allows you to identify and fill the areas that are lacking.
- Always go with a topic that has ample references or resources to make your thesis writing process easier.
- The ultimate goal of your research paper should be to attract the readers and hence choose a philosophy research topic that is impressive and informative to your readers.
- Select a topic that has a wide scope of presenting your ideas and arguments with relevant examples or a piece of evidence.
Top Philosophy Research Topics
Till now, we saw the tips for selecting the best philosophy research topics. Next, let us move on to the philosophy research paper topic ideas.
To make your searching process easier, here we have shared a list of top philosophy research topics for you to consider.
Simple Philosophy Research Topics
- What is loneliness?
- Dog and cat: Which is more superior?
- What are utopia and anti-utopia?
- Should abortion be legalized?
- What are the pros and cons of capital punishment?
- Why is cloning banned in many countries?
- Can belief in God change human nature?
- What is eternity?
- What is harmony?
- What is power?
Interesting Philosophy Research Topics
- Can a person be happy without a family?
- What is the Supernatural? Is there any proof of its existence?
- Is it possible to be rich without having a lot of money?
- Should people always obey the rules?
- What is the value of truth?
- What makes people kill in the name of religion?
- Can we connect traditions supported by science and force people to follow them as customs?
- Is it possible to change the main characters that define a person?
- Discuss crucial modern-life values.
- What is your definition of happiness?
Philosophy Research Topics on Human Life
- Why is it complicated to live a happy life?
- What things make human life senseless?
- Is there life after death?
- What is the perfect life?
- What makes human life meaningful?
- Should death be treated as the final point in human life or as the beginning of something new?
- Would you like to live your life more than once?
- Evaluating life existence: Are humans the only living organisms?
- Human life and culture
- How to lead a happy life?
Impressive Philosophy Research Topics
- What makes people commit crimes even when they know that they will face capital punishment?
- What makes women physically less strong as compared to men?
- To love or to be loved: Which is more important?
- Is it possible to always think positively?
- Can torture be justified?
- A vacation or well-paid job: What would you take?
- Why is religion important above anything else for a lot of people around the globe?
- Can we declare humanity as a supreme religion?
- How can the custom of dowry be eliminated from people’s minds?
- Is it possible for parents to be the best friends to their children in a real sense?
- How are the age of maturity and the age of marriage defined by society?
- What is the best way to boost a person’s creativity?
- Why can’t social behavior and ethics be separated?
- Are animals different from people?
- Why do some people live without feeling alive?
Captivating Philosophy Research Topics
- Is it possible to create an ideal society?
- What are the best ways to reach peace in the world?
- Should the church be involved in politics?
- What are the pros and cons of genetically modified objects?
- Is euthanasia ethical?
- Evaluate the relationship between war and peace.
- How has social media affected people’s moral behavior?
- Analyze the impact of beauty on human development.
- Should parents be held responsible for the actions of their children?
- Can animal experiments be justified?
- What are the pros and cons of committing suicide?
- Can we justify the experiments on human beings?
- What is the ethics behind Bitcoin or other cyber-currency applications?
- How to increase the level of IQ?
- What are the pros and cons of utilitarianism?
Few Brilliant Philosophy Research Topics
- Is there a moral obligation to be honest?
- Should we allow incarcerated criminals to have children?
- What are the pros and cons of marriage?
- Should human beings claim a stake in other planets such as the moon and mars?
- What are the pros and cons of childless families?
- Is it ethical to use steroids to enhance results in athletics?
- What are the pros and cons of communism?
- Positive and Negative features of Machiavelli’s ideas
- Are humans really the kings of the universe?
- What are the pros and cons of total control?
- Is it really true that early to bed, early to rise can make a person stay healthy forever?
- Should modern celebrities be considered a positive model for contemporary youth?
- Does genetics contribute to human behavior?
- Evaluate the pros and cons of artificial intelligence.
- What does the term ‘to cross the border of ethical conduct’ mean?
- Ethical ideas concerning abortions.
- Video games and their effects on the moral behavior of people.
- Is morality objective or subjective?
- What are the roles of the Good and the Evil?
- What is the effect of the binary opposition on the development of humankind?
Read also: Leadership Research Topics and Ideas To Deal With
Few Amazing Philosophy Research Topics
- What is your attitude to “artificially designed babies”?
- What is the future of humankind and humans?
- Is 1 + 1 really equal to 2?
- What is the sense of your existence?
- Is there a possibility of working out a universal language?
- The postmodernism ideas in philosophy.
- What ideas or principles should an ideal family possess?
- Should patriotism be regarded as a virtue?
- What are the pros and cons of organ transplantation?
- Is it ethical to have circuses?
- Is it reasonable to tell a white lie?
- Can murder be justified?
- How to solve an issue between parents and children?
- Why are humans cruel and evil?
- Should religion be banned by law?
- Are morals related to culture?
- Do human beings deserve to have children?
- Reasons and solutions of mass panic and hysteria
- Is it worth sacrificing health in order to become more beautiful?
- Is science compatible with religion in the contemporary world?
Tips for Writing a Good Philosophy Research Paper
Choosing a perfect topic for philosophy research is a difficult task. Once you have selected a topic for your philosophy research, follow the below-mentioned writing tips to make your philosophy research paper stand unique in the crowd.
- Structure the essay or research paper by including the following elements- Introduction, Body, and Conclusion.
- Write a strong thesis statement in the introduction paragraph suitable to the philosophy research paper topic that you have selected.
- Explain your points or arguments on the topic with supporting evidence and other credible information in the body section of the research paper.
- Present your ideas in a logical order to avoid confusion.
- The sentence flow should be natural throughout the essay or research paper.
- Present your arguments or points in a way to persuade your readers.
- Do a complete revision so as to make your final draft free from grammatical, spelling, and punctuation errors.
We hope you are now clear on how to select the right topic for your philosophy research paper. As philosophy is a wide field of study, there will be plenty of philosophy research topics available. You can choose any topic of your choice from the list suggested above or can also browse and find any perfect topic from the online resources or by brainstorming your ideas with your friends.
While writing your philosophy research paper, make sure to follow the essential writing tips mentioned in this post. You can get top grades for your work if you choose a unique philosophy research topic and write an effective research paper by presenting the major points with supporting evidence.
Do you still struggle to find the right philosophy research topic? No worries! Contact us and get assignment help immediately from our team of writers who are masters in writing academic research papers and essays on the top philosophy research paper topics.